Upload your portfolio today. Register here

Love

Love
Page 9 of 9 (9 items)  « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9

Comments

ltlitaly said:

I love the way you portrayed the word "love" with this image. A simple word, yet so much meaning behind it, whether good or bad. Very well Done!

16:00 on March 29, 2007

richardj said:

'tis a beautiful image indeed!

18:40 on March 29, 2007

drewmeskew said:

very very nice, her head is tilted wrong compared with the neck. just mytwocnts worth. I love the colours tho. inspiring

10:24 on April 4, 2007

Mark Shepherd said:

I really like the lace on the dress. it looks very natural. Also the light coming through the window adds a lot of atmosphere. It seems like the eye pupils are a bit small but that's very minor. I also like the continuity of your gallery this image fits right in with your other portraits.

20:51 on April 9, 2007

Pete Underhill said:

I find the conflict of lightsource between the hard direct light on the shoulder and the softer diffused light on the face disturbing. To me it looks like the reference image for the face is at odds with the rest of the composition. Also, I agree with Drew, the head is at an awkward angle. A pity that these details take the edge of an otherwise fine piece.

21:40 on April 10, 2007

Sebas said:

incredible image!!!

08:18 on August 20, 2007

PenguinDog said:

I can feel emotions when i see the picture.You can make pictures come to Life.Your amazing!

07:02 on October 31, 2007

wendy-bird said:

This reminds me, sadly, of _Great Expectations_. Lovely work.

05:42 on January 22, 2008

wendy-bird said:

This reminds me of the old woman in _Great Expectations_...but I think it is lovely work.

(the url was incorrect in my first comment)

05:54 on January 22, 2008

DOM said:

I love this! Its one of the most beautiful pieces of art i've seen for quite a while.

I agree with wendy-bird. When i saw it, it really reminded me of Miss Havisham from Great Expectations.

It's absolutely gorgeous!!

16:39 on February 15, 2008

church lady said:

are we commenting the artwork of Blackeri????? If so, I attend an art class just about all year, and I'd LOVE to see any of the people (commenting about this art), do ANY painting of  this caliber. I could not, in my wildest dreams and think this art-work is exquisite. All these critics should send in some of their artwork, or at least, their credentials as Professorial  Art Critics. I, as a layperson, think the tilt of the head is perfect, and if this gentleman needs any criticism, he would confer with a professional art critic. I am so damned tired of people like this, as my own art is critiqued by my teacher and NO ONE else. Thank you fore your time. You will probably will hear from me again.

07:00 on July 25, 2008

misch10 said:

This is so true. Beautiful work.

17:01 on October 15, 2008

luvian_elf said:

My humble opinion is that this one is your best yet... Everything seems right into place, even the details that look "wrong". No, there's NOTHING wrong with this piece, everything is the way it is for a reason. Thank you Marta, you are my inspiration. :)

07:16 on February 4, 2009

liz said:

completly perfect it is the best art that i have ever seen, the whole series.

05:00 on May 16, 2009

Bones said:

Beautifully done.

17:23 on September 25, 2009

Tim said:

Absolutely beautiful piece of artwork.

Amazing from every angle

The way her head rests back against the edge of the windowsill gives rise to the feeling she is worked up, traumatised by something, her lover gone away.. everything is fallinmg apart inside her head, this transcribes itself outside where everything is slowly fading and decaying.

She must be seriously upset!!!!

10:49 on October 24, 2009

Abbie said:

Its amazing.

And it does remind me of Mrs Havisham but not in a bad way

15:49 on December 23, 2009

Jeccles said:

the detail on this piece is absolutely brilliant, the light on her skirt works really well and the fabric looks very realistic along with the light coming through the window and the detail on the walls that rare really dark made me want to look around the picture and see what else I was able to see, this is a magnificant piece of art.  Could stair at it for hours, would love to have it hung in the lounge at home... BRILLIANT!!!!

12:40 on April 21, 2010

pygar1 said:

Excellent work with amazing detail 5*! Odd that this is only rated 3.5, I can only assume there are a lot of jelous people as no one else on this site is as good!

20:10 on April 21, 2010

KaineT said:

I LOVE this piece! :)

14:57 on May 5, 2010

artlover said:

Very nice im an artist myself. The image is unsettleing it speeks to me of sadness, of hopes denied. of mentel afliction.The odd tilt of her head adds to the idea that perhaps shes not all there. Haunting, dreem like, disturbing, well don. i like your work, but this one i had to coment on.  And YES it does remind me to, of the story great_Expectations_.

23:25 on May 24, 2010
(required) 
(optional)
(required) 
Submit

IMAGE STATS

Viewed: 33241
Comments: 21
Ratings: 12 vote(s)
Rating

RECENT ADDITIONS

Love Persephone