Upload your portfolio today. Register here

Do You Want More Poser In ImagineFX?

Last post 07-27-2007, 4:33 PM by MatrixWorkz. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (22 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-10-2006, 12:08 PM 6613

Do You Want More Poser In ImagineFX?

If you do, then let them know as at the moment it seems as if 2D takes most of the space.

If you don't ask, you don't get.

All the best.

Richard 

•  12-10-2006, 6:33 PM 6653 in reply to 6613

Re: Do You Want More Poser In ImagineFX?

NO
  •  12-10-2006, 7:22 PM 6664 in reply to 6653

Reasons for either way as a single yes or no give no point of reference.

Richard 

•  12-10-2006, 7:55 PM 6668 in reply to 6664

NO. and personally I hope admin deletes this thread again because its the same topic all over the forum. It extreemly annoying. It should be covered under 1 thread. Where is admin? 

Richard, if this was under 1 thead and kept away from insulting the magazine and its artists then I'm sure you would have alot more comments including mine. But since you choose to keep posting all over the forum even though your threads get deleted then me and others I'm sure are not going to take part anymore! If you want my opinions... Move it to 1 thread! Period!
  •  12-10-2006, 8:11 PM 6669 in reply to 6668

If you check you will find I have placed messages in the relevant sections for those to give their voice to that section.

If I placed it in one section, then no doubt I would be asked to put the thread in the forum it applied to. So I placed the Bryce one in the Bryce section, Poser in the section etc.

The reason I didn't put them into the 2D sections is that it has already been mentioned that the magazine is mostly 2D so it wouldn't make sense asking if more tutorials etc. were required.

There is a thread in the General forum on 2D as opposed to 3D and it has started getting comments in a more structured way.

You, and anyone else can make your comments in that thread as I started it to try and solve the problem I started.

I have mentioned in other posts that I could have simply disappeared (Yes I can hear you all saying, Yes please! Lol) but I stand by my convictions and I have responded in like.

Asking the various sections on the site to ask for things is not annoying, it is that, just asking a question.

Now you may not like the way I have done it, but there is nothing wrong with what I have done.

You could go into all the 2D sections if you wished and ask for more 2D tutorials etc. and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

No doubt those that use ZBrush, ArtRage or Painter would also like to see something on their software in the magazine. They have a right to say so and I am trying to encourage the 3D side to do the same.

Richard 

•  12-10-2006, 8:43 PM 6672 in reply to 6669

Your bottom line arguement is that you want more 3D in the magazine. You've gone to the bryce, poser, c4d, etc forums and reconstructed the same comment but in a way that it is on target for that paticular forum. However you still have the same bottom line arguement. 

Oh well, I can't continue to argrue all day. People would not want you to dissappear if you just tamed down, posted in one thread and didn't attack peoples artwork, the magazine, the editor and the idea of mods.

Don't bother commenting back to me as I know exactly what you are going to say in return.... same thing you've said over and over.....

Ps. ZBrush belongs in the 3D catigory, not in the 2D painter catigory.... 
  •  12-10-2006, 8:51 PM 6673 in reply to 6672

Thanks for the heads up on ZBrush, I will post a message in that section.

Richard 

•  12-10-2006, 9:06 PM 6675 in reply to 6673

no problem
  •  12-12-2006, 3:42 AM 6899 in reply to 6613

Well, first of all I would like to see more Poser itself in the sister magazine 3D world..  Would I like to see a little bit more 3D stuff in Imagine FX, sure I would..  However, I am an adv id reader of both magazines..  They are a great combination together w/ both there own styles on the 3D and 2D stuff..  If you want more of the individual programs themselves then goto 3D World..  But I don't think there is a need to post basically the same thread in every forum asking the questions here..  Cuz, all in all it all boils down to the art that is created by these tools, whether it is poser, 3dmax, photoshop, painter, Bryce, to ZBrush..   We are all here to learn more and share our knowledge,  experiences and art.. 

Remember- We are not here for a long time, but here for a good time!

www.dreamslayerartworks.com
  •  12-12-2006, 11:07 AM 6939 in reply to 6613

If you do, then let them know as at the moment it seems as if 2D takes most of the space.

If you don't ask, you don't get.

All the best.

Richard

Hmmm... yes I'd like to see more Poser. But your question implies a criticism of the amount of 2D content which I don't go along with (apologies if I've mis-interpreted this). I use 2D and 3D apps together. Sometimes to work (gasp!) on the same image. It's the end result that counts, right?

I also like to see tutorials etc with software I don't have - helps to make an informed judgment on if something's worth trying.

•  12-20-2006, 6:31 PM 7935 in reply to 6939

More what to do with Poser?

The DVD often contains Poser Models - if I want Poser tutorials, there is ample coverage on the Internet.

Personally, I believe the mag and the site are for Fantasy art. If it's good enough it's worth seeing, whether drawn on the back of a *** packet or created using 3D S Max, or any other app.

•  01-02-2007, 10:01 PM 8872 in reply to 7935

Definately not, I'm biased, but being a 2d artist, ImagineFX is the perfect magazine as it already is... Any poser tutorials or workshops so far have complety bored me ( tweak this value here, load this file there).
    The sooner you fall behind the more time you'll have to catch up.

Check Out My Sketchbook

-SmartKyle-
  •  01-18-2007, 6:28 AM 11550 in reply to 7935

I have to agree with DigitalDreamer...it is about the final product.  There is a wealth of tutorials and other mags that cater to working with 3d aps.  I use Poser a great deal in my work, but I don't want to see lighting or texture tutorials in the mag.  Extra content on the cd maybe, but I am more interested in the overall look of each step in the mag tutorials then the fine details (ie.  light 1 35% opacity..blah, blah, blah).  Best way to learn is by experience and making my pics come close to the tutorials is a much better teacher then actually telling me what to do.  Just my 2cents.
  •  02-06-2007, 5:18 AM 14719 in reply to 11550

Well I'd like to see something on using Poser for what it started out as - a life studio replacement. Something on using Poser to rough out composition, figure poses and proportions, etc, and then taking that further using Painter, Photoshop, Art Rage or something like it ...

Just a simple idea ... Embarrassed

Life is a Destination ... Not a Journey.
  •  04-02-2007, 3:50 PM 25776 in reply to 14719

I agree it would be nice to see more digital content, whether it be poser, vue or bryce.

I maybe biased as i use poser myself, but I dont just use poser, i take my figures into photoshop and painter afterwards....

I'm not really interested in tutorials myself, I just like viewing the art, no matter how it was created its the end result that matters.

Cheers

Anna

www.forbiddenwhispers.co.uk
Page 1 of 2 (22 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML