Upload your portfolio today. Register here

Workshop won't download

Last post 07-18-2011, 8:15 AM by voluspa. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-17-2011, 2:56 PM 354045

Workshop won't download

Have managed to download a number of the workshops that appeared before I began subscribing, along with the support material. Mainly I am interested in workshops written by Marta Dahlig. So far, there have been no problems. Yesterday, I attempted to download the workshop on Custom Brushes and the Environment and hit a wall. When I hit the download button, it transfers me to the workshop, and I can read it all I want, sure, but when I leave your site, the workshop goes with it. So 'download' suddenly means 'open.' Now strangely enough, I did download the file with the clips and the brushes without a hitch. Just tried again this a.m., and still I cannot get the file to get on board my computer, even though I had no problem with her other workshops that now occupy a file on my harddrive.

Help?

Thanks. 

In Vitro Veritas
  •  07-17-2011, 7:34 PM 354062 in reply to 354045

Re: Workshop won't download

I'm not sure I'm adressing your issue, but I hope this helps:

When it says "download pdf" (i.e. workshop), the pdf file opens (it kinda downloads without saving if that makes sense? Or at least it loads...)

And then you have extra files at the bottom of the workshop pages which you can actually download and save.

Basically if you want to save the pdf files, you need to right-click the link (assuming you're using a PC not a Mac) and choose "save target as". Perhaps you did this before and forgot? Or perhaps you updated your pdf reader and it behaves differently now? Or maybe this didn't help you at all... Stick out tongue

www.charlotteahlgren.com
    IFX Gallery
    Elfwood Gallery
  •  07-17-2011, 7:38 PM 354065 in reply to 354062

I'm going to try it again right now, and we'll see.

By the way, I use a Mac.

Thanks 

(Sometime later:) Got it!!! 

In Vitro Veritas
  •  07-18-2011, 8:15 AM 354105 in reply to 354065

View as RSS news feed in XML