Upload your portfolio today. Register here

Be Our Cover Star Competition...

Last post 09-29-2010, 11:20 AM by S Winterflood. 257 replies.
Page 1 of 18 (258 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-03-2009, 11:12 AM 253606

Be Our Cover Star Competition...

Calling all IFX artists!

Following a string of awesome IFX covers from the likes of Android Jones, Bao Pham and Stanley Lau, we're opening up the front cover spot to the public.

The competition – be our cover artist
    This is your chance to kick-start your professional career or simply impress your peers by getting your artwork displayed alongside the best digital artists around today.

The prize
    • Your artwork on the cover of ImagineFX, with a massive worldwide readership.
    • A Wacom Cintiq worth £950
    • A one year subscription to ImagineFX
    • As our cover star, you'll also be featured  inside the magazine.

Sending in your artwork is easy - you can send your art as jpg, jpeg or png via our dedicated server (where you can also get the details on the cover size) or just pop it on a CD/DVD in whatever format you wish and send it by post to this here address. For all WIPs go to this thread

Edit: Can I just make sure that everyone is uploading either jpg, jpeg or pngs? Although it may have mentioned other files on the DVD, it's best to keep to these.

If, the server is causing problems, please send your final cover file via YouSendIt to compo@imaginefx.com. (Note, DO NOT send the full cover entry as an attachement, as you'll kill our email!) Please include your full name, address, email and shoe size.

All the best,

Please ensure that all entries include your personal details, including name, address, postcode, email and phone number.

Closing date is 10 January 2010.

Good luck!

The Important Rules Bit:

To ensure that your image works on the cover of ImagineFX, it must adhere to certain size and layout specifications. We want to show it off in its best light, after all. For a downloadable PSD template and more information on our size requirements, pop the ImagineFX DVD in your drive and go to the Resources section.
    How to submit your image
    You can either send in your final artwork via our dedicated server (see the DVD for the details and link, or go straight to the following www.futurecomps.co.uk/cover).
    If you prefer you can send it on a CD or DVD by post to:
    Cover Star Compo, ImagineFX,
    30 Monmouth Street, Bath, BA1 2BW, UK
    All artwork is submitted on the basis of a non-exclusive worldwide license to publish, both in print and electronically. Please ensure that all entries include your personal details, including name, address, postcode, email and phone number. 

Yet more rules: 1. Employees of Future Publishing Ltd, Wacom and their immediate families or agents are not eligible to enter this competition. 2. Only one entry per person. Multiple entries will be discarded. 3. Entries must be received by 10 January 2010, which is the closing date. 4. All entries will be judged by Claire Howlett and the ImagineFX team, their decision is final. 5. The winner must agree to allow their image to be used on the cover of ImagineFX between the period of 9 February 2010 and 9 February 2011 and in any promotional or marketing material. 6. The winning artist must also agree to any image manipulation/enhancement if the quality is not to the required standard. 7. ImagineFX and Future Publishing reserve the right to postpone the selection of a winner indefinitely if the standard of quality is not to the required level. 8. No cash alternative. 9. The editor’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. Unfortunately we are unable to return the CDs or DVDs containing your artwork. 10. All information is correct at the time of going to press.

Le Baron
    Features editor
    ImagineFX
  •  11-03-2009, 11:40 AM 253611 in reply to 253606

Re: Be Our Cover Star Competition...

*implosm* FINALLY~! <3

And I'm expecting this to be alot bigger than the other cover comp too! How exciting, augh the entries are gonna be so awesome...

And UHH Cintiq. *Q*

-yume-
  •  11-03-2009, 11:55 AM 253617 in reply to 253611

yeah with it being an uncapped no theme comp it'll bring out everyones creattive juices.....coool!!

http://jadedarts.cgsociety.org/gallery/

jonny_marvel@yahoo.co.uk

•  11-03-2009, 12:00 PM 253622 in reply to 253617

jonnymarvel:
    yeah with it being an uncapped no theme comp it'll bring out everyones creattive juices.....coool!!

Glad you agree jonnymarvel. We had a lot of discussion in the office about whether we should give it a theme... but decided that if we kept an open brief, we'll get more entries from a wider range of artists. And we'll get to see what you want on the cover, too. We can't wait to see what we get!

Claire,
    Overlord, ImagineFX
  •  11-03-2009, 12:16 PM 253632 in reply to 253622

VERY exciting!  I'm definitely going to enter!!! Phew... what a challenge!
    www.artbymanon.com
  •  11-03-2009, 12:17 PM 253633 in reply to 253622

me too, i've started mine, and i've seen two others and they brill, its gonna be a tough one to win but hey imagine the stuff your gonna get..... think of the over time lol

jonny_marvel@yahoo.co.uk

•  11-03-2009, 12:24 PM 253637 in reply to 253633

oh my god. DROOL.

hey let's not tell anyone.then we may have a bigger chance of winning. heheStick out tongue

•  11-03-2009, 12:37 PM 253643 in reply to 253606

6. Unless otherwise stated, each Competition is open to all residents of Great Britain and the United States (excluding residents of Rhode Island and Puerto Rico) who are 18 years and over, except employees of: (a) the Company and its associated companies and any members of their households; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s). Each Competition is void where prohibited by law

Does that means folks outside of said countries are not eligible to join this contest? :P

•  11-03-2009, 12:40 PM 253644 in reply to 253606

Am I being really dim, but where is the part which tells us what the brief is? I know its not got a theme, but is it just 'show us what you've got' - and is all the info i need here on these links!?
    www.artbymanon.com
  •  11-03-2009, 12:44 PM 253645 in reply to 253643

I wouldn't think so, i mean fxpose fetures artests from all over the world, i don't whink it would be fair to exclde them from the cover comp..... my be its just a bit of legal jarcon that wasn't updated.... mybe.... did you know its still illagel to ride in a taxi without a bail of hay lol

jonny_marvel@yahoo.co.uk

•  11-03-2009, 12:46 PM 253646 in reply to 253643

hueyyeng:

6. Unless otherwise stated, each Competition is open to all residents of Great Britain and the United States (excluding residents of Rhode Island and Puerto Rico) who are 18 years and over, except employees of: (a) the Company and its associated companies and any members of their households; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s). Each Competition is void where prohibited by law

Does that means folks outside of said countries are not eligible to join this contest? :P

Wow you read the small print quick!

I'm glad you mentioned this, as I am in the process of putting the certain rules and terms specific to this comp up at the beginning of this thread, and it includes the point that this is open to the whole wide wonderful world - excluding no one. 

As for Manon's query - all you need to know should be in the links, i.e., the cover size and where to upload your artwork... otherwise it's up to you. 

All the best, 

Bernflo

Le Baron
    Features editor
    ImagineFX
  •  11-03-2009, 1:01 PM 253648 in reply to 253646

Superb, thanks Beren! I thought as much, but just wanted to double check :)
    www.artbymanon.com
  •  11-03-2009, 1:02 PM 253651 in reply to 253646

Thanks for the info BerenN!

Is my habit to read every details in the terms and conditions. Stick out tongue

Aww looks like one entry per contestant. Well since the deadline is months away there is plenty of time to create a masterpiece for IFX cover.

•  11-03-2009, 1:03 PM 253652 in reply to 253646

If one was feeling especially prolific, would we be allowed to submit more than one entry? Or is it one per person.

Thank you!

www.artbymanon.com
  •  11-03-2009, 1:13 PM 253659 in reply to 253606

Is the cover image file with the print markings and the title and such just a sample that will be changed?  I can't help noticing it says it's for the January issue and the closing date is January?
Page 1 of 18 (258 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML