Upload your portfolio today. Register here

Digital Dave's Doodles

Last post 02-17-2014, 10:44 PM by Digital Dave. 493 replies.
Page 1 of 33 (494 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2010, 2:19 AM 282660

Digital Dave's Doodles

Well, after enjoying looking at all the art in everyones post, decided I should start my own. Been sketching up some stuff for the past couple days to work with on a few programs. I want to try out some coloring techniques & still learning some of the tools too, and needed some pics to work off of. ... Will try to post them in the next couple days, but may have to touch them up some, since my scanners are not picking up the small details. (And I haven't loaded any pics in a while, and need to remember how.) lol

My Sketchbook ... My Gallery
  •  03-04-2010, 2:22 AM 282661 in reply to 282660

Re: Digital Dave's - Litter box

Attachment: Lioness2.jpg

Trying this one, had to go over the entire pic, but am going to try some other options on the others tomorrow. Wanted to put in the pencil sketch, which had a lot crisper line work.

•  03-04-2010, 2:31 AM 282663 in reply to 282661

Attachment: full scene tester.jpg

Here's another I did a couple nights ago, but since I was using Artrage 3, didn't have to scan it in. Created this to try and work up an entire scene from the beginning.

•  03-04-2010, 8:29 AM 282710 in reply to 282663

yay! well done Dave & digital sketching too! people usually take ages to do that, these look good, look forward to seeing them coloured! go you!
  •  03-04-2010, 9:48 AM 282720 in reply to 282663

these look good ^^ is that the ink tool in ArtRage, people have been recommending it to me if that's the ink tool then i would defiantly be interested in picking it up ^^

looking forwards to see these coloured ^^ 

http://wildhaggisis.deviantart.com/
    http://wildhaggisis.blogspot.com/
  •  03-04-2010, 12:32 PM 282744 in reply to 282720

Thank you Kazky, the top was a sketch I did at work during lunch, but was having problems getting it to scan in properly. Wouldn't pick up the fine lines, so ended up putting it in Artrage, and going over it so it looks more like line art now then a sketch. The other I did in Artrage to start, but also went back and cleaned up the lines somewhat. Have a few others that I did in the past couple of days, but need to look at getting them put in here. (might try digital photo?) Thanks for stopping by. Big Smile

Hey wilghaggisis, thanks, that was actually the pencil tool in artrage 3, but I did want the cleaner lines just for the coloring techniques I want to try, so didn't have it too fine on the size. You can get a lot finer lines with it, (Shown in Nickillus's sketches - very very nice). ... But the tools in artrage 3 are pretty nice. Tried them after hearing so much about them. you will probably like it too, after seeing your very nice line work the other day. (I believe you can download a trial version of Artrage 3? If so, I would try that, at least you will get to see if you like it.) ... BTW, do you prefer the name wiggles? Have seen some call you that. But also seen some use haggis, but the latter makes me think of the meal. Indifferent though I've never had it, I've heard how it's made. lol ... just tought to ask, thanks again. 

•  03-04-2010, 1:23 PM 282752 in reply to 282744

yeah banjaxedmdt said i'd like it because the ink tools simular to those of manga studio which i currently use for sketching and inking in. just wanted to see how simular they where before i picked it up but i like the look of the pencil tool :) i will try it one day, i blew all my art funds on a new scanner and some art lessons this month heh.  i'll give the free trial a shot though its got a nice watercolour tool i've heard so its worth a shot.

i'm not fussy i get called wild, or wilg (i made a typo in my user name :B my user name was suppose to be wildhaggisis)  and rorke calls me wiggles or wilgles and then there's the haggis from others too.  go with whatever you feel comfortable with.   the wild haggis is a spoof mythical beasty which is said to be the source of haggis they apparently have 3 legs of different lengths, so it is related to haggis in a way. 

http://wildhaggisis.deviantart.com/
    http://wildhaggisis.blogspot.com/
  •  03-04-2010, 2:26 PM 282771 in reply to 282752

Attachment: Untitled.jpg

Ok, thanks. Just thought to ask. Wiggles seems to work well. Big Smile ... But yeah, I can say that the tools in Artrage do work well, and have a nice feel to them. I also want to check out Sketchpro 2010. But may need to address an issue I am having right now. Have a pink line running down the left side of my LCD screen on the laptop. Think the monitor may be acting up. Sad but since it doesn't appear in a screen shot, I believe it to be in the monitor.

Here's a quick sketch from work. Just trying out using digital camera to download some pics. If it comes out too large, I will have to edit it when I get home. No programs to work with here. ... The bottom two show up more, after I went over them to darken up the lines. But really hate doing this, takes away the details some.

•  03-05-2010, 1:14 PM 283001 in reply to 282771

Attachment: DSCF3647.JPG

Took a liking to one of the quick sketches I did the other day. Started working it up last night for a possible Avatar. Original

•  03-05-2010, 1:16 PM 283002 in reply to 283001

Attachment: My Avatar3.jpg

Here's the start up on this I did last night. Trying to make any changes I want, and added some detail.

•  03-05-2010, 3:01 PM 283020 in reply to 283002

Great job on the scales :)
    mike jasnowski
  •  03-05-2010, 6:07 PM 283059 in reply to 283020

Thanks, mjasnowski. I just managed to get it all layed out late last night & hoping to get it more detailed this weekend.

Thanks again.

•  03-05-2010, 7:17 PM 283070 in reply to 283059

Nice drawings Dave :) Really digging your clean lines! Funny I was looking at a tutorial last night for colour a head similar to this - you might find some of it useful! 

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/AlexTooth/a_dinosaur_scale_tut_by_nebezial.jpg

Facebook

Deviant Art
  •  03-05-2010, 7:50 PM 283083 in reply to 283070

Thanks Alex. I wanted to put some sketches together to practice with for adding colors, so wanted the lines clean. Thought this would make it easier to work off of, though I do like the "sketched" look too. But usually when it's going to be left as a sketch. ... And thanks for the link. I will definitely take a look at it.

Thanks again.

Edit: Alex, I just took a look & that's exactly some of the stuff I plan on trying. Been watching the talented folks here (yourself included Big Smile ) work their pics up and this is where I find the wips to be very useful indeed. Gives you a good idea of how to work the picture up as a whole, something I had never done before. Thanks again.

•  03-05-2010, 8:47 PM 283094 in reply to 283083

np Dave, enjoy your piece!
    Facebook

Deviant Art
Page 1 of 33 (494 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML