Upload your portfolio today. Register here

Pose Tool App (PC?)

Last post 01-29-2013, 9:28 PM by xxoctoberstormxx. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-23-2013, 10:07 AM 409352

Pose Tool App (PC?)

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone know of the pose tool app can be used as a general application on a PC? If not, does anyone know any programs similar that can be downloaded that aren't too pricey?

Thanks for your help! 

"A picture is a poem without words."
    -Horace

•  01-23-2013, 10:39 AM 409353 in reply to 409352

Re: Pose Tool App (PC?)

Attachment: 00.png
    Daz Studio doesn't have a price at all and, without looking at all of the features of Pose Tool, does the same kind of thing - plus a whole lot more. Of course, "a whole lot more" is not always a good thing but Daz Studio is actually very good.

•  01-24-2013, 12:24 PM 409435 in reply to 409353

Hey Joe,

I did go onto their site and attempted to download the app... perhaps you can help me with this. I read the guide but the installation won't start because it says I'm missing the installation path? 

-Horace

•  01-24-2013, 12:59 PM 409437 in reply to 409435

It has been a while since I installed Daz so I may not be of much help but is it asking where to install the program? Or where to install content? Or something else?
  •  01-24-2013, 1:19 PM 409438 in reply to 409437

Well it seems there's multiple pieces to download, something called the 3D Photoshop Bridge and the other is called the Decimator for DAZ Studio. I tried downloading both, the 64-bit PC version, and it's coming up with an error message that tells me I am missing the installation path? Is there something special you have to do Photoshop maybe?
    -Horace

•  01-24-2013, 2:29 PM 409442 in reply to 409438

Sorry, I can't remember my installation exactly. I'm quite sure that these extras are not necessary for posing and rendering. I think the Bridge is there to take the models in to Photoshop Extended's 3D tools, if you have that version and Decimator sounds like a tool for lowering the mesh resolution. I just looked at my Daz and I have Decimator but not Bridge installed. I've never, ever used Decimator.

Can you run Daz without these installed?

•  01-24-2013, 6:10 PM 409457 in reply to 409442

Okay, I found the right download... but now it seems there's no actual content on the program? Do you have to download figures/clothes/accessories etc.?
    -Horace

•  01-24-2013, 6:20 PM 409458 in reply to 409457

Oh yes! This is how Daz make their money - selling content. And it's why the program is offered free. If you search you can probably find a lot of stuff for free but anyway you have the default male/female figures that you can pose for reference, just like the the Pose Tool App.
  •  01-24-2013, 8:37 PM 409473 in reply to 409458

This is probably going to sound like a stupid question, but how do you access those free figures? xD
    -Horace

•  01-24-2013, 8:58 PM 409479 in reply to 409473

Attachment: 00.png

Not stupid at all because you may be seeing different things than I am.

When I open Daz Studio the default male appears in the screen. Does this not happen for you? Go into the Content Library and see if anything is there.

•  01-24-2013, 9:17 PM 409484 in reply to 409479

Attachment: Daz_snippet.jpg

On the Daz website there's also a link to free stuff. I found several things I've had before and then somehow lost, so I downloaded a horse, cat, lion and dog today... Not that I ever use anything but the humans. I didn't see any free people* at this time which is odd. Usually all the old models are available for free. Or at least some of them. Also you'll sometimes find free stuff for Daz on the DVD that comes with the magazine, but it's usually clothes or mechs and of course the clothes require you to already have the people models...

I don't get a preloaded model when I start the program up, but I've never tried a version of Daz that didn't have at least one Victoria model in the content tab. (But I see I still haven't installed Daz 4 - can't remember when I downloaded that version, but obviously I don't update the program much...Stick out tongue)

EDIT:* there were free morphs for people I think but remember that you need the right models to use morphs. (Just like you need the right models to use texture packs - took me a while to get the hang of the downloads when I first found Daz.) If it's ever named "for" something or other, make sure you have the model it's made for before you buy or download.

www.charlotteahlgren.com
    IFX Gallery
    Elfwood Gallery
  •  01-25-2013, 8:57 AM 409518 in reply to 409352

Hey guys,

I screenshotted the program so you guys can see what's going on. I've been clicking around but I still haven't found anything. And unfortunately the model doesn't pop up automatically. Thanks for all your help by the way! 

-Horace

•  01-25-2013, 9:30 AM 409521 in reply to 409518

I see you have v4.5. Mine is v4.0 and has a slightly different UI. Try doing a search for 'GENESIS' on your PC, it's supposed to be installed when you install the program. My stuff is located here: C:\Users\Joeparis\Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis. If there's nothing then it might be worth downloading and installing again.

•  01-25-2013, 11:49 AM 409526 in reply to 409521

I just remembered that every time I've installed a new version of Daz, it's asked me if I want it to look for content. Did it ask that? Maybe it's no longer necessary in these later versions, or maybe that's why your folders are empty. If so, I think there's a menu option somewhere to make it look for content on your computer (it needs to search for the stuff it installed too, I think...) I might be wrong, or it might help... Stick out tongue
    www.charlotteahlgren.com
    IFX Gallery
    Elfwood Gallery
  •  01-29-2013, 5:17 PM 409724 in reply to 409518

xxoctoberstormxx:

Hey guys,

I screenshotted the program so you guys can see what's going on. I've been clicking around but I still haven't found anything. And unfortunately the model doesn't pop up automatically. Thanks for all your help by the way! 

If that is the 64bit version you have there, try uninstalling it and replacing it with the 32bit version. It looks to be the very same problem I had with it back when I first installed 4.5. The 64bit version refused to recognise any content including the default Genesis figure that should load on startup. The 32bit works fine though (and is more than adequate if you are just using it for reference).

http://www.madhamsterstudios.co.uk
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML