Upload your portfolio today. Register here

dont rate your own thread ! ! !

Last post 11-26-2012, 10:53 PM by xxoctoberstormxx. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-17-2012, 9:36 PM 405882

dont rate your own thread ! ! !

just wanna post this here because i cant comment in the pinned threads above. but people! please try to refrain from giving your own sketchbook a 5 star rating... a lot of people work hard to try and earn their stars!! so when you give yourself a 5 star rating on your own thread it seems undeserved and a little egocentric. i dont know why people are even allowed to rate their own threads, but anyways... i think this is something that i see happening a lot and almost every new sketchbook i see pop up on here has a 5 star rating, and its from themselves...

mods feel free to move or delete this as its nothing but a rant. but i feel like it had to be said anyways.

•  11-18-2012, 9:40 AM 405903 in reply to 405882

Re: dont rate your own thread ! ! !

Rant on, Nicky Smile

This issue pops up now and then. I guess some people think they'll get more views with more stars, and don't know that you can see who rated the thread. Others probably just want to check out how it works and don't want to experiment on somebody elses thread.

Personally I never even notice the stars, but if you're ever bothered you can do what em... does and just give a 1 star rating to anyone who's given 5 stars to themselves Stick out tongue

www.charlotteahlgren.com
    IFX Gallery
    Elfwood Gallery
  •  11-18-2012, 10:12 AM 405906 in reply to 405882

nickybeats:
    mods feel free to move or delete this as its nothing but a rant. but i feel like it had to be said anyways.

Valid point/rant. I'm sure some of them are innocent as voluspa described but those who do it for self-aggrandisement should feel ashamed.

•  11-19-2012, 1:49 AM 405971 in reply to 405882

Totally agree. Every time I see it I think "what a Pr**k". It kinda makes me not wanna look at their work. But what ever If their art is good I'll still say it.
    Trying to be the lion cub but rarely the lion
    Sketchbook http://community.imaginefx.com/forums/thread/395988.aspx
  •  11-26-2012, 10:48 PM 406594 in reply to 405971

I must admit, I didn't even notice that threads have ratings. I think from now on I'll avoid anyone's thread where they've done this. In previous forums (not art related) I've released projects and had a couple of max ratings (from others). I wouldn't dream of doing it myself!
  •  11-26-2012, 10:53 PM 406595 in reply to 406594

Hm, I didn't even know you could rate your own thread. I never tried, though I did wonder what would happen if you did click it (as in, if it actually let you). I'm glad I didn't. =/ Is there any way of turning that function off so people can't vote on themselves? :)
    "A picture is a poem without words."
    -Horace

View as RSS news feed in XML