Upload your portfolio today. Register here

Froufrou's Sketchbook

Last post 01-03-2013, 5:43 PM by Froufrou. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-03-2012, 3:24 AM 400968

Froufrou's Sketchbook

Hi all,
    I'm fairly new to these forums and so far i have only posted in the Sketches/WiP/Critique section, so you might not have seen me before!
    The other day i was looking through someone's sketchbook on a different forum and i was really impressed and loved seeing the progress in the persons skill,
    so i have kind of been wanting to do the same thing - but i like this forum best so i'll do it here ;)

My name is Dana, i was born in the Netherlands but moved to London at 19 years old, i am currently 20 years old. I'm not going to school or have a job but this will change soon!
    The plan is to move back to the Netherlands in december, where i will try to go back to school and hopefully get some mentoring drawing-wise.
    Apart from drawing, i have always been into gaming (sadly, this takes up a LOT of the time that i could be spending on drawing), and i just love exploring all artsy and creative things.
    I actually used to make some Digital Art process videos on youtube which you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/user/DPdrawings
    Anyway, that's about it, i'm quite boring!

Seeing as sketchbooks are a lot about progress, i thought i would start of with showing you all some early on sketches that i managed to find on my computer;

These are both from 2009 when i was 17 years old, i loved drawing but didn't take it serious and never considered it as a possible career.
    You can find a few more drawings on my deviantart: http://pupsie.deviantart.com/gallery/

In 2011 i started getting interested in Digital Art and from then on i have just tried to get better at it and haven't done many pencil studies (at all!).
    Here are a few of my first ever digital pieces:

Really hate these pieces by now haha but practice, practice, practice!

And here is my most recent piece:

I know there's a lot of stuff that i could have done better on this one, but i got quite sick of it at some point and just wanted to finish it, i still feel like i have improved quite a bit though!

Now for my most recent sketches:

These are such bad quality but i quite liked them so yus...

And this one i did just now ^

Sorry if i'm not supposed to make the first post so big and full of pictures - feel free to get rid of them!
    Hope you guys like it and critiques are so very welcome :)

Thanks for looking! x

•  10-03-2012, 12:38 PM 401000 in reply to 400968

Re: Froufrou's Sketchbook

Hi Dana, very nice to see more of your work. Some nice sketches and quite imaginative. Look forward to seeing more works. :)

My Sketchbook ... My Gallery
  •  10-04-2012, 12:39 AM 401106 in reply to 400968

Nice! Your ladies are quite elegant, Dana - that last one with the little black blob creatures would look awesome as a full piece if you choose to go that route. :)

IFX Sketchbook | Portfolio | Tumblr
  •  10-06-2012, 2:45 AM 401288 in reply to 401106

@ Digital Dave; Thank you very much!

@ Sigel; Thank you! I personally quite liked the blob one as well, i might do some more work on it, thanks again :)

For a very long time i have slacked a lot when it comes to drawing, i hardly ever touch a pencil anymore and i never even did any studies when it comes to anatomy and shadow/light and value, etc. so i'm going to try and pick that up, i'll start tonight off with a little shadow study i really enjoyed doing;

EDIT: did another one today;

•  10-07-2012, 2:31 AM 401370 in reply to 401288

Another little painting:

Very Serge Birault inspired as you might see, he's quite the legend! Really wanted to do this just for fun :)

Hope you like it!

•  10-08-2012, 2:58 AM 401437 in reply to 401370

Looks very nice, Dana. The colors are very nice.

My Sketchbook ... My Gallery
  •  10-13-2012, 2:04 AM 401915 in reply to 401437

Thanks Digital Dave!

Here's a sketch i did just now;

Another thing i don't usually do, sketches of living, breathing models! Have always wanted to, but i was really intrigued by it.
    It always seemed really hard, and also when i just started it i felt like it looked ridiculous and wanted to quit, but i kept going and it turned out pretty good :D

Need to do more of these!

•  10-14-2012, 2:30 AM 401983 in reply to 401915

Bit of a slacky study of Roberto Ferri's 'Prigione di lacrime' - He's amazing!
    Got very achy shoulders and neck now though so going to go to bed ;)

•  10-14-2012, 2:40 PM 402014 in reply to 401983

the weight in that last pic is beautiful, really inspiring. Very nice to study. Great work. Also all the others are fantastic:)
    Trying to be the lion cub but rarely the lion
    Sketchbook http://community.imaginefx.com/forums/thread/395988.aspx
  •  10-14-2012, 4:06 PM 402024 in reply to 402014

excellent studies!! very nice observation.
  •  10-31-2012, 6:11 AM 404049 in reply to 402024

Keep up the good work Froufrou!

Yian 2012
  •  11-01-2012, 9:18 AM 404265 in reply to 404049

Nice works, especially the last one! :)

Isis Sousa - CG Artist
    http://www.isissousadesigner.com

IFX sketchbook: http://community.imaginefx.com/forums/397445/ShowThread.aspx#397445
  •  01-03-2013, 5:43 PM 408254 in reply to 404265

Thank you all so much!!!
    I have recently moved back to the Netherlands so i didn't have much time to keep up with this post, so here's some more of my pieces i have done in the mean time;

The following is a tattoo design i did for a friend:

That's about it for now! I've missed this forum so i'm going to try and keep up with it again :)

Hope you all have a very happy new year! x

PS: I have made my own facebook page today, so if you want to keep up with my updates feel free to like it! ;)    - https://www.facebook.com/danapostart 

View as RSS news feed in XML