Upload your portfolio today. Register here

Trouble painting clouds

Last post 05-04-2013, 7:55 AM by BrokenDagger. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-01-2012, 5:15 PM 400835

Trouble painting clouds

Attachment: cloudsoil.jpg
    This is my first attempt at oil - but I feel the clouds are off.  I struggle- both digitally and traditionally - painting clouds;  any feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated.
  •  10-01-2012, 5:59 PM 400843 in reply to 400835

Re: Trouble painting clouds

It might be a good idea to just post your question in one place, or those who answer won't know if someone else already said the same thing or you might even miss an answer yourself. Sometimes you don't get answers - then it's better to just bump the existing thread.

As for advice, I can't really paint clouds myself. I think you did a good job.

www.charlotteahlgren.com
    IFX Gallery
    Elfwood Gallery
  •  10-01-2012, 6:46 PM 400844 in reply to 400843

Thanks.  I'm new to posting pictures, and I had not gotten any response all weekend; so I was just casting out more lines in hope of getting a response.  I will stick to one thread.
  •  05-04-2013, 7:55 AM 413940 in reply to 400835

I think they look fine too. Maybe use more deeper shadows to give some more depth.

Like...plan out which clouds will be in front and make those brighter, giving them not as deep shadows as those in the back. I guess you will get a more overall depth, so they will seperate more into 3D. You did that already a bit.

What i always find fun on clouds is that there are faces and funny things to recognize.

Do you see that little Godzilla and Witch/Ogre? :D Hehe, i see a sleeping swan, an Antlion, a disfigured Winnie Poo and more. So fun.

View as RSS news feed in XML